People Services Team Leader
Group Support Centre, Doncaster, South Yorkshire
We need someone who is capable of teamwork, has the capacity for integrity, passion and ambition for success.
You will be working closely with the Senior People Services Manager providing day to day management (service, productivity & quality) of a group of People Service Administrators providing transactional and query management support to the business across all key end to end People processes covering all elements of the
employee life cycle.
Key Responsibilities Include
- To lead and develop a multi-functional transactional team, including direct line management of staff, ensuring regular performance and development review meetings are conducted.
- On a daily basis, monitor the transactional workload of the team to ensure that agreed deadlines are met. Identifying any slippage and either taking corrective action or escalating to the appropriate HR Operations Manager.
- Coach team members in delivering effective customer service. Identify team members` training needs.Effectively address any development needs through appropriate performance plans and coaching.
- Take responsibility for the managing of key processes not limited too but including job offers, internal transfers, references, exit interviews, leavers, processing of personal changes, DBS checks, processing of employee files, manage lower level employee relations cases and Subject Access requests.
- Encourage team working and sharing of information between the transactional responsibilities and the People Specialists managing cases.
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures. Including Data Privacy.
- Identify areas where services can be improved and carry out improvements to work processes as required.
- Contribute to the development of the wider People Services team.
- Keep up to date with future trends in HR Services and contribute to internal HR Innovation and Improvement forums
- Develop, manage and enhance the current HR & Payroll platform
- Implement and manage new technology platforms to enhance the service provided to the group.
- A proven track record of delivery, preferably across a large complex organisation
- A solid understanding of HR Administration tasks also with a good knowledge of payroll.
- Driven and relentless in their approach to providing a excelling service offering to the business.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to adapt to changes and tackle challenges efficiently and effectively.
- Good communication and leadership qualities, a great relationship builder.
- Comfortable working in a high volume, high pressured working environment.
- Adept at identifying opportunities for process improvement and new ways of working.
- Comfortable in using and maintaining Cloud based HR Information Systems.
- Makes the most of the systems we have, is technology led.
- Previous experience managing a team of people delivering day to day transactional HR.
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Demonstrable Project Management skills
- Demonstrable commitment to exceeding expectations and goals
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent personal presentation and communication skills
- A passion for doing an amazing job that will leave a lasting impression
- Good working knowledge of MS Office packages, Google Mail / Drive whilst demonstrating a minimum level of intermediate with Excel.
- A pragmatic management approach and have operated in business environment where transformational change has been required.
- Development of systems to create useable data and how this can be used to manage people issues and measure work and performance.